Newest gun added...

CWO4USCGRET

Here's my newest (well not a new gun, but new to me) Detonics MkVI Professional. These were the original sub-compact 1911; the earliest ones were made in Seattle and were made using cut down Colt slides and frames. From what I've read so far about the MkVI, it was called the Professional and has an adjustable rear sight. The frame is supposedly made by Caspian. The magazine holds 6 rounds and has a loaded magazine indicator; with 6 rounds in the magazine and inserted in the gun a tab protrudes from the bottom of the magazine.

I have not got to shoot it yet, but from what I've read they are fairly accurate for their size. The rear sight is moved forward and the back of the slide is machined flat; the intent was for the gun to be carried with a chambered round and hammer down; cocking the hammer on the draw. It has a slide locking safety but no grip safety like normal 1911s. I will post a range report after I get dug out of the snow and make it to the range.

detonics1.jpg

detonics2.jpg

barrel_springs.jpg

barrel and recoil spring assembly; 3 springs
magazine.jpg

6 round magazine and some older ammo...
muzzle.jpg

the business end
slide_top.jpg

slide top

stevieboy

There is a forum member -- Playboy Penguin -- who is a Deltonics fan and who posted several times about this gun. Unfortunately, he hasn't posted for a long time and has apparently become inactive. You might want to check out his several posts.