newer remington auto shotgun question

rem870hunter

does the newer auto shotguns in 12 and 20 gauge use the same style mag. spring and follower as the pumps. meaning that you can't use a mag. extension? unless it has it on there already. like the 870 it has the double dimple with a plastic holder under the endcap except the LE type. if i get an 1100 or an 11-87 magnum can i put a mag extension on it?

bill

island66

The newer (post 1987) 12 gauge autos will have the dimples you're describing. You'd have to modify the magazine tube in order to install an extension.

Jason

rem870hunter

it figures it would be like that. oh well. i still have the older 870 that i can use mag. extensions on. i would rather buy a new auto than a used one. unless i know the person. thanks for your info. now all i gotta do is wait for my tax return to get done.after thinking about it i don't think i am getting the super mag model. as long as i can shoot 3" shells with it i'll be happy. it'll be used more for deer and or bear if we get another bear season here. i'll use the pump for waterfowl and small game.

island66

x2 on the super mag...I wouldn't buy one if I had to. If you can shoot...you can do just as well or better with a 3" than with the SM. Good luck with your guns!

Jason

rem870hunter

i have seen a tactical 1100 on the remington website. looks nice. they even have a pistol grip buttstock model too. but here in new jersey. just typing that name makes me wanna:barf: you can't have a pistol grip buttstock on a autoloading shotgun. my father has a model 1100 already. an older model so i can fit that with the bells and whistles that are availabe. as it sits now it has a ramline synthetic stock and forend. 21" smoothbore rifle sighted slug barrel and scope on a b sqaure bracket. also from hunting small game and waterfowl years ago before steel shot was mandatory. a 26" imp. cyl. a 28" mod. and a 30" full. a few years ago he bought a 26" steel shot rem. choked barrel. hasn't shot that barrel yet. but for now my old wingmaster magnum is what he is using for deer hunting. the 1100 is to heavy for him to carry anymore . don't get me wrong he loves it. but no need to do anything but aim and squeeze. i thought about getting the fully rifled slug barrel for it and maybe a 20" or 18.5" bead sighted barrel. if they are still available new for the public. the bead sighted barrels that is. not enough money or time left to get it for christmas. maybe for fathers day