Newer pistols grips designed wrong for me!

Metellus

So I switched to modern isosceles with straight thumbs instead of my weaver stance. Works best with my 1911s and getting used to it with glock. But I've noticed pretty much every pistol except the 1911 isn't designed for the straight thumbs grip (with the strong hand thumb held up high).

I've noticed the new pistols with ergonomic grips (HK p2000, etc.) make it very uncomfortable to use the stragiht thumbs grip. These ergo grips assume your thumb is at the same level as your trigger finger. It's hard enough to get this right on the Glock but downright uncomfortable with the HKp2000, PX4, etc..

If the trend is toward these ergo grips i have to wonder how viable it is to use straight thumbs. Hopefully there are some newer pistols coming out (other than another 1911 variant) that is built for the increasingly popular modern isosceles with straight thumbs grip.

teejhot.40cal

I have that same problem. I wish that someone would take the straight thumbs method into consideration when designing a pistol. When they do, I will be the first to say I want one.