Newbie's first rifle

redblair

Hey there folks.

So I bought my first rifle this week. Henry Lever Action 22 LR. Such a classic look I couldn't resist. Just want to do some target shooting and plinking. At least until I learn to shoot a rifle I wanted something that was cheep to buy and to shoot. So what do you think? Any experience with them?

What should I do besides getting to the range?

Blair

BusGunner007

Don't EVER get rid of your first rifle. EVER.

You made a cool, classic choice.
I'd get something to plink AT and start havin' some fun! :D

ShipWreck

rlee2.gif

BusGunner007

Don't EVER get rid of your first rifle. EVER
Why is that? My first rifle was a POS Marlin 60 that jammed horribly no matter what I did.

My first rifle was a NORINCO SKS PARATROOPER, 'milled and threaded', during the 'ban'.
Just a stock refinish from being completed, and it jammed horribly with the 'red star' 20-rd. magazine I stupidly installed in favor of the standard magazine...:rolleyes: I regret that trade I made with it to this day. I didn't understand the importance of THAT GUN.
All I had to do was refinish the stock and re-install the standard mag and I'd've had a great gun --- my first RIFLE.
Just fix the problems and keep it.

Sorry your experience with the Marlin was bad, but it could've been fixed, most likely.
I just caution a person to not get rid of their first gun, no matter what it is, because it represents the "first step in the journey through the world of firearms"...:D

That is my reasoning for 'why'. :)

FirstFreedom

Yes, I agree, don't sell your first gun/first rifle. Unless it's complete junk and you are sure of that. I regret selling my first two guns (one German airgun & one shotgun).

Fremmer

Sorry about the thread veer, but....

Hey First, did you ever buy a new airgun and, if so, what did you get?