Newbie question-S&W Model 19

texdawg

I am a newbie on the forum and frankly, getting into the world of handguns. I started my collection with a S&W Model 10 38 special and am looking into the Model 19 357 next. I am curious what the general price range may be for a used model in very good to excellent condition? any help would be appreciated

18DAI

A model 19 in good shape ,in NC runs between $350 to $425. NIB maybe a little more depending on whether it has tools and papers ,Nickel finish ,barrel length, Rarity of particular model (3 inch 5 inch). I have a few and I love them Regards 18DAI.

croyance

I am finding the '-' number is very important in pricing. Two Model 19's in the same condition will cost different amounts depending on the number after the '-'. A 19-3 costs more than a 19-4 from what I have seen.

dallasconundrum

About a month ago, I gave $349 tax and processing fee included for my 19-4. It didn't have the box or papers, but it is at least 95%. Probably closer to 98%. The only place the blueing is a bit thin is around the edge of the barrel, and even there it is not bad at all. I almost didn't buy the gun as I was picking something else up that day (a new 686 4 incher), but now I am glad that he has found a home with me as I simply love it and feel that I got a pretty good deal as well.

Frenchy

I gave $325.00 for this LNIB with papers and unopened tools.

model19-4001X700.JPG

texdawg

Thanks for the replies. Frenchy, that gun looks to be in excellent condition, is there any wear on the blueing at all?

Russ5924

Most in this area go for around $350 (FL)but just remember the 19 and 66 are both the same gun 19 is blued and the 66 is SS. Other than that are just about identical and go for about the same price:)

18DAI

You have a ski mask on when you got that? Congrats , It's a beauty ,best of luck with it. Regards 18DAI.

StrikeEagle

I'd suggest at least looking at the M66. That's the same gun, but in Stainless. I have one, and like it lots.

Unless you carry a brief against Stainless guns (blue does look a lil better) that's the way to go, IMO.

Shouldn't really cost much more than a blue, if any.

StrikeEagle