Newbee Looking for Help on my 50 year old Rifle

leroy2

Hello all, need some help with my 51-year-old heirloom Sears & Roebuck Model 1 - Winchester made 121 rifle my mom bought for me when I was 13 for Christmas gift back in the day.

Breech bolt is messed up when I pull back the bolt to eject the shell the striker head twists / rotates counterclockwise and I cannot send bolt home again unless I twist the striker head manually to line up with the stock.

So where can I go to find an older Winchester 121/141 bolt assembly parts preferable new old stock? Found NOS cocking pieces but no Striker heads.

Suggestions on where to find one or video on how to tear apart and fix?

Arthritic hands no more strength to hold onto things. Trying to find the parts and then turn into gunsmith. One local gunsmith has said parts not available as I need the striker head and cocking pieces. Anyone got part numbers for these to search?

Need some help here to save my rifle to pass down to my kids that like weapons.

:confused:

Thank you in advance for your time.:)

leroy2

Yes have looked there with no luck on a striker head. Groove where the safety clicks into looks to be hollowed out and not deep enough to hold the safety point per say for lack of better words.

Question is how to tear apart?

ligonierbill

Check cfnparts.com. That's Classic Firearms and Parts. They do have a bolt listed. I have bought from them before, and found them to be straight dealers.

44 AMP

Staff
Yes have looked there with no luck....

Looking might not be enough. Consider calling or emailing a person there. I don't know exactly how its run these days with computers and such, but back in the pre computer era, Numrich always had some small quantities of various parts that didn't get listed in the catalogue.

And they are always buying guns for parts, so its not impossible that they might have something you are looking for, but only one or two which might not get listed, or listed yet, but are in the inventory and could be found by an employee who looked.

Good luck!

leroy2

Thank you for the link. It is the striker head that is the main part i am looking for. Also if i can find a new one of that part then find a new matching safety/cocking piece which are all over at preent.

Thank again.