New York announced a Gun Buy Back program

jfrey123

I started laughing about this when I heard it on Fox News Radio. New York actually wants to pay $200 for each "illegal" gun you turn in (apparently including BB guns according to the radio). Sounds to me like they're positive that the Heller decision will affect them and want to get guns off the street before hand.

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6997543&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1

MyFoxNY.com -- A gun buyback program in Brooklyn is taking a unique approach to convincing people to turn in guns. Instead of taking the weapons to a local police precinct for cash, the guns can be dropped off at six churches around Brooklyn. As Fox 5's Dari Alexander explains, the hope is that church involvement will create more trust in the community -- and decrease violence.

Of course tax payers pay for it...and all these buy-backs do is collect a few old rusty Jennings and Ravens that have been sitting in the bottom of a drawer somewhere...or that someone stole.

JWT

Maybe someone should take some of the rusted junk left from New Orleans illegal consfiscations up there and at least salvage $200 each.

PT111

$200 each!!!!!!!!!! Wonder if there is a limit on how many you can turn in. I can buy brand new Hi-Points at $120 each and make $80 off of them. Do you have t be a NY resident? Details man, details. :D

I wish they would do that in WV. My step father has a whole drawer in his gun cabinet that is nothing but old beaters he had given to him or took in trade. I would be afraid to shoot most of them. Getting $200 a piece out of them would be a windfall. :)

Let's turn in all of our old beaters and then donate the money

Let's turn in all of our old beaters and then donate the money to our favorite gun rights organization.

teeroux

$200 each!!!!!!!!!! Wonder if there is a limit on how many you can turn in. I can buy brand new Hi-Points at $120 each and make $80 off of them. Do you have t be a NY resident? Details man, details.

Yes is this Hi-Point. I would like to order 200 pistols.:D

MyGunsJammed

When I read that on the news I burst into laughter as well.... nobody in their right mind would turn in a nice gun for $200.... lol

and no questions asked also huh??

I can imagine this scene, a guy comes in wanting to sell his rifle but demands payment of $400.... cops say no, guy says forget it I'm outta here...:barf: