New XD-M

snail

Does anyone know when Springfield is going to release the new XD-M? I really like the way it looks and just might need one :p.

snail

Well I can't wait, I think it is one of the best looking polymer guns out there. I hope it will work as good as it looks.:)

ChicagoTex

What absolutely painful looking checkering...

Also I see they've done nothing to correct my trigger/trigger guard issue.

speedracer211

I am a huge xd fan, but I refuse to own one of the new xdm's The sharp edges on the slide look like it will dig into you when carrying and the grip looks painful.

Robs22

Went to the gun shop here in Fla, to my surprise they had the XD M in stock Bi tone, So i asked how much for it. They wanted 749.00 for it:eek: I told them that it was pretty but ill stick to my XD40.

ChicagoTex

$750 is ridiculous.

I also suspect the grip is thicker because the old .40S&W magazine held 12 rounds, the new one holds 16... unless the laws of physics changed, more room would've had to have been made and it doesn't look longer.

ssilicon

I think M is meant to stand for (M)atch grade. So called match grade guns are always more money than their mere mortal counterparts.

If you target shoot competitively, then it might be worth it. Just like some guys will spend 3 grand on a match grade 1911. You certainly do not need to spend that for a SD or range gun. In fact, often the tight tolerances that make a good competition gun make a less than relaible SD or combat gun.

ChicagoTex

No xd in my opinion is worth $750.

If it was a really nice custom from an outfit like Robar or Cylinder & Slide it would be, but I agree that charging that much for a production XD (whether "match grade" or not) seems out of character and I doubt it'll sell very well if that's the actual price (until it's for sale in more places I can't entirely rule out the possibility that one dealer was overcharging based on "rarity" - car dealers do it all the time.)

ojibweindian

If the XD-M is built to cater to IDPA and IPSC shooters, $750 isn't a bad deal. I'd buy it at that price, if it came in 45 ACP (nothing wrong with the 40, just all set up with tons of 45 components).

zenner22

I've got a couple XDs and like them a lot. I do not believe I will ever pay over $600 for a plastic pistol however, even one I like. Seems way overpriced. I do like the looks of the new ones too, but that's ok. I'm happy with my "old" versions. If the price comes down to a reasonable ($500) level, I'd seriously consider getting one.

ssilicon

The "M" stands for MORE.
I stated I believe it is for (M)atch (grade). Your statement reads as fact. I said "I believe." Are you sure about (M)ore, or is that a guess on your part? Because when I looked at that site, I noticed an emphasis of "match" right on the chamber. Another member here says targeted to competition shooters. Match would seem the better of two guesses to me.