New Wilson Combat CQB. Did I go overboard?

tjhands

LOL, the answer is, "no friggin' way." This thing is gorgeous and shoots like a dream. Just picked her up Friday night and shot 100 rounds today.

A little shameless look-at-me thread. :D Forgive me!

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

HoraceHogsnort

I too own a CQB (mine has a rail). Yeah, its a great gun but I'll never carry if 'cuz if I had to use it and it got confiscated it'd break my heart!! (A $2600 heartbreak is quite a bit for me!)

LanceOregon

tjhands:

It is far better to own just a couple of truly fine handguns like your Wilson, rather than own a couple of dozen plain mediocre guns.

EdInk

Nice gun. A friend of mine has a Mark Morris custom 1911 built off a similar Wilson. It is super accurate. My only gripe is the checkering is rather sharp BUT it's not my gun AND nothing is perfect. Although...... Wilson 1911's come close. :D

IMHO Wilson makes some of the best 1911s on the market.

FWIW: He bought it used (It was a safe queen) for less than a new Wilson. We both wonder how much of the custom work made considerable improvements over the Wilson it was actually an improvement.

tjhands

but my primary carry gun is a 5" CQB, in .45 acp / with Black Armor Tuff finish on it .... ( at the lower left in the attached link / photo ) ...

Wow, nice collection of 1911s there. I like your Les Baer, too.

I grew up about 20 miles from where they're now made, so I had to get one of those a couple months back as well. :eek: