New Weapon

Bob Thompson

Has anybody seen one of these new Crossfire Mk-1s combination rifle, shotguns. I just read a thread on it on the Gun.com forum and was wondering about quality, cost and availability. Seems like a perfect trunk gun as discussed and another thread. Sorry about posting here but didn't think it would fit anywhere else. I checked Crossfires website but they didn't have a price. Quality seems on par with most mil-specs. Should put this on my must have list.

Rob Pincus

I've gazed at this thing in wonder for three years at SHOT show. It looks like they are finally bringing it to the market. I've heard from some people that have shot it that the lack of a forward heat shield on the rifle barrel can become rather painful. Other than that I haven't heard too many comments good or bad.

The one's I've held have been expectedly heavy, but seemed to be well built.

I don't think they are worth $1500-1800, though...

------------------
-Essayons

I saw one at this year's SHOT show, and from my perspective, I'm not impressed.

First off, it's pump action only. While that may be great for the shotgun, it leaves a bit to be desired for the .223.

Secondly, to switch from .223 to shotgun or vice-versa, you have to pump the action, ejecting a round. When you only have 4 rounds of 12 guage, that's a bit short sighted IMO.

Finally, like Rob said, it's heavy. Very heavy.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com
www.bladeforums.com