New versus older LNL question

Huskerguy

Can anyone on here tell me the differences, if any, between a Hornady LNL made today and one made 5 years ago? I have read about some primer seating issues and don't know if those are old and have been fixed or not. Thanks

FlyFish

I have one of the older LnL APs - I'm not sure exactly when the updates were made, but I know that mine came with the (for me) totally non-functional ejection wire, which I've since changed to the newer EZject system and also with a single rotor drum (inexplicably, the rifle rotor, which makes no sense at all), so I subsequently purchased the pistol rotor, which is what gets used about 90% of the time. I'm not aware of any change in the basic priming mechanism, but I know I had to tinker with mine (primarily adjusting the vertical tube that the carriage wheel rides on) a bit to get it working properly but, once having done that, it's been fine ever since.

bigD01

newer lnl

I have a newer LnL with the E-Zject system. works good, But, I was having a lot of problems with the primer feed system. tried everything I could think of to address the problem, cleaned and polished the mouth of the feed drop tube, also the hole in the slide. primers still jammed or flipped upside down. In desperation, I sent to Midway for a new primer system. One thing I noticed, was the slide was designed differently. The hole has a raised ridge around it. Primers now feed flawlessly(until powder finds its way into the path)
hope this helps
Dave