New Vaquero trigger spring...

sixgunnin

I have seen where people will take off one side of the trigger spring on a New Vaquero to lighten up the trigger pull, would/have you guys done that?

44 AMP

Staff
Dropping ONE leg of the trigger return spring off the frame post is called a "poor boy trigger job", and while I do not recommend it, I have done it on all my new model Ruger SA's for over 30 years with ZERO problems.

You might have different results, and because of that, I do not recommend it, but my personal experience over decades is that it does lighten the pull weight and does not impair the functional reliability of the gun in any way.

The good thing about it is that if it doesn't do what you want, it is quickly and simply reversible, just by putting the spring leg back on the stud.

Pahoo

Suggesting a replacement Wolf spring

I have seen where people will take off one side of the trigger spring on a New Vaquero to lighten up the trigger pull, would/have you guys done that?
I'm thinking that you have read this method, in one of the gun magazines and that is where I also read it. I tried it and it does work but later I went to a Wolf spring for about $7.00, which I preferred. Pulling one leg off it's post, just didn't seem right. I'd recommend getting the Wolf spring. ....... :)

Be Safe !!!

Oliver Sudden

Taking one leg off works. What I do now is take each leg off and put a small bend in it of about 5 degrees. My oldest Blackhawk has this for over 30 years and works like a good watch.