New trigger!

slystad810

I hated the trigger on my Springfield Milspec; it was too short, and it was getting scratches on it like they were going out of style :barf:. So I ordered a Cylinder & Slide Videcki trigger. It makes a big difference if you ask me.

So far I've got:

EGW Barrel Bushing
Ed Brown Recoil Plug
Ed Brown Hex Grip Screws
Hogue Checkered Coco Bolo Grips
Wolff 16 lb Recoil Spring
Cylinder & Slide Videcki Trigger

Magazines:
3 CMC Shooting Star (8 Rounds)
3 Wilson Combat 47D (8 Rounds)
1 Springfield (7 Rounds)

I've got some new Pau Ferro grips on the way, and I think I'm going to go back to regular slotted grip screws (Swenson). I'm trying to keep the "classic" look.

Anyway, here's the pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CIMG0181.jpg
    CIMG0181.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 20,288
  • CIMG0201.jpg
    CIMG0201.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 12,004
  • Copy of CIMG0182.jpg
    Copy of CIMG0182.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 11,991
Last edited:

slystad810

Here's the new grips and a before pic:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 45311-148R.jpg
    45311-148R.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 115
  • CIMG0081.jpg
    CIMG0081.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 109

last_stand

Beautiful pics. I actually saved your "before" pic the other day to show to somone. If you don't mind me asking, I'd like to know what you payed for it brand new. My dads is the parkerized mil-spec. I believe he told me he payed right at $500 new. I ask because I've decided my next purchase will be the parkerized GI model (unless someone can convince me otherwise) and am wondering what kind of price I can get. The websight says $568 but I figure I should be able to get it for at least $100 cheaper than that, especially if the milspecs are listed at $660 or so and he only payed 5. Thoughts, comments etc.

slystad810

I paid $545 before tax. The parkerized GI should go for around $420, I wouldn't pay any more than that. If they are asking for more I would talk them down.

The only things you will want to consider with the GI vs the Milspec is the sights, which are miniscule, and the ejection port. On the Milspec the ejection port is lowered and beveled so it won't chew the brass up.