New Toys

ClemBert

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of my new toys. Nothing exciting here. Just some vanilla Pietta products. In the first pic the 1858 on the left is the well documented "reject" firearm that is going back to Cabelas. The bottom pic shows the new toys together; a SS 1858 shorty and the 1860 shorty. Both firearms are actually pretty decent for the money. I bought them because I thought the price was good. The SS 1858 cost me a total of $240 delivered and the 1860 cost me $190 delivered. The 1860 has an interesting serial number: P99999

IMHO, it is hard to beat Cabelas when they have a sale, offer coupons, and give free shipping. On top of it, the 100% no fuss guarantee makes it tough to be dissatisfied. Your mileage may vary.

Pietta0005.jpg

Pietta0006.jpg

Last edited:

arcticap

ClemBert said:
The 1860 has an interesting serial number: P99999

Those are some great numbers, I'll tell you what!
Even the "P" looks like a backward 9!!!!
You can't get much better numbers than that! :D

Last edited:

Kadmos

Good looking stuff, the stainless looks real nice...been mulling that one over myself

Kinda wonder if they add another digit or just roll over like an old speedometer which could make for a real lucky fella right after you;)

Head-Space

I have the 1858 Pietta, stainless, long barrel. It's pretty close to perfect, nice fit, finish. I bought it used, and am sure it's "older" but I don't know when.