New Toy

Brian Busch

I found a decent deal on a pistol I've always wanted:
P7M8.jpg

Now all I need is a SIG P210. And an artillery Luger. And an AirLite. And...well, you get the picture;)

Pilot

What?

Weren't you the guy who didn't lile P7's? Well, welcome to the club, they are great! It looks like a nice Chantilly import. What happened to the Sig P-210?

denfoote

All you need to make the collection complete is the Sig P6, and the Walther P5!!! Oh, and the Luger isn't a bad addition either!!! ;)

Brian Busch

I never said I didn't like the P7, I just think they are overpriced. Still do. Why do you think I was bitching about the price?;)
P7s are, IMO, one of the 3 best 9mm pistols ever made, along with the P210 and Walther P88. For that matter, the P210 is pretty high to, but I was under the impression there was more handfitting in the P210. Anyway, I'm saving my nickels and dimes for that as well.

Pilot

Brian,

The date code on your mags indicate IH, which is 1987. But the real reason is that on your slide is "Oberndorf/N Made in W. Germany. West Germany only existed until the fall of the wall in the early 90's and...I have one just like it, marked this way and its a Chantilly.

Pilot

Thanks Brian. That is a compliment, but you're giving me way too much credit. A quick look at the HK Pro site and the fact that I have a Chantilly import gave me the clues. Have fun with your new toy, but beware, it is addictive. I now have two P7M8's and I didn't even know much about them until a few months ago.

Last edited: