New Toy

kraigwy

Got this last night, 1917 (Eddystone) Enfield, muzzle measures about 1.5. Clean Bore, Good shape for a 94 year old rifle.

Remington Bayonet. Excellent shape.

Got to wait until wife wakes up before I can step out on the back porch and try it out.

I'll be using it in CMP GSM Vintage Military Rifle Games.

1917%20Enfield.jpg

kraigwy

8 and a quarter for the rifle and bayonet, probably too much but good surplus rifles around here are thin as hens teeth.

You wouldn't believe the prices on junk '03s

Looks really good. Something like that would go for 1000 to 1200 bucks here in MD. I stopped by my shop last and was looking at those. Enjoy!!!!

fem

I have had several of these. Remington, Eddystone and Winchester. They all are/were excellent shooters. I think the sights are among the best of the military rifles. One story. I had just bought one and had been cleaning and buffing it up for a few days. Was listening to the radio and there was a advertisement for a Veterans Day contest at a local range... So I went and t:Dhe old girl was 2nd place (behind a wonder caliber new rifle) and I won $50 while shooting LC Surplus ammo.....Can't be bad...........

PCP-AirGunTanks

ANOTHER reason I like antique guns

I love learning about history. Until today, I never heard the term "Eddystone" ever used with any firearm. When I saw the word, it piqued my interest, as I grew up in the tiny PA borough of Ridley Park and Eddystone was only a borough or two from us. I Googled and found out these rifles were actually made just a small walk from my child-hood home. As kids, we would walk up the creek to Eddystone, to the remains of the old Baldwin locomotive plant. I don't yet know where the rifles were made. Looks like I found another topic to research. Thanks FiringLine.com!

The AirGun Guy

tahunua001

then you've already been to the site where these rifles were made. Eddystone rifles were actually built on Baldwin Locomotive works property in co-operation with Remington arms.