New "Toy"

P-990

OKay, I just gotta shout it out loud! IT! Done. ;)
Anyway, today I purchased my new deer rifle and set it up. It is a Remington M700 Mountain Rifle in .260 Rem topped with a Leupold VX-I 2-7x scope. The balance of this combo is awesome. Tomorrow I will be taking the rig to the range for it's first groups. Hopefully all will go well.
I would like to hear from other people about their experiences with shooting and reloading for the .260 Remington. What are the rifles generally capable of? Bullet suggestions? When I start my summer job I will order up the reloading materials and begin tweaking my rifle. Suggestions, comments, concerns, PLEASE! Thank you in advance for your time.
990 out.

P-990

Well, just got back from the range with the new Remington. Only fired about 15 or 16 rounds through it. Gotta say, WOW! My first 100 yard group, from the prone position, is roughly 1 inch, using factory Nosler Partitions. Talk about good tidings, as this is the bullet I plan to take hunting. I think I lucked out and got a good gun.

HSMITH

That is a slick little rig for deer hunting!! All you need and it is accurate too, glad you got one that will shoot for you.