New to me Zastava m-70

Dirty_Harry

I have never owned an AK. I have shot them frequently, but never really had the desire. M1A's and AR's are my semi autos of choice.

I couldn't pass up this partial trade of the Zastava. I initially planned on flipping it, but this thing is one of the nicer AK's I have held. (Wasr's and RAS47's). It is starting to grow on me. Is there any issues with the Zastava? Any necessary upgrades? How is the overall quality/longevity of the rifle? I read that it doesn't have a chrome lined barrel which stinks, but the chrome bolt is nice and looks good.

Thanks for the answers in advance. I tend to know a lot about firearms I am interested in, but I am a Kalashnikov noobie.

TRX

Zastava is good stuff. No problems.

Unless you're going to be shooting corrosive ammo and have poor cleaning habits, the non-chromed barrel is a non-issue.

smee78

They are good solid rifles, the lack of a chrome line barrel is not that big of a deal unless your shooting the old corrosive ammo (but they still need to be cleaned anyway). There is no way I would trade off a solid AK these days. Keep it, get some good mags and some ammo and enjoy, they really are solid rifles and make a great intermediate rifle/round.