New to me Silver Chrome Sport Model Hi Power

WVsig

Found this one at the LGS. Did not even make it into the display case. The owner knows I am BHP fan and showed it to me when I stopped in looking for a new AR15 charging handle and sling swivel. Gun is 95%+. There are a few handling marks here and there but nothing that detracts from the overall finish of the gun. No box and one shiny silver mag. I passed upon first look but went back made a fair offer and it is mine.

Trigger is crisp and pulls at about 6lbs 8ozs avg of 5 pulls. I went ahead and removed the factory Pachmayr grips with Navidrex slims in black Micarta.

Since taking these pics today while listening to Obama I took the gold trigger off the gun and replaced it with a blued one from the parts bin. I also removed the mag disconnect and the pull is down to 5lbs 9ozs, avg of 5 pulls. It is nice a crisp and responsive. The shop I bought it from says the guy who traded it in had a trigger job. I think it has been cleaned up because it feels smoother than stock.

Sights are setup for my 124gr reloads and it is hitting a 2/3 IPSC steel target at 15 to 25 yards with ease. This one is a winner. I am glad I went back for it. Will post some pics with the black trigger later today if I have the time.

mete

" Silver Chrome " ? Is it factory or aftermarket ? Is it hard chrome [ that often is matt finish ] , is it electroless nickel ? [Ni + phosphorous ]

JDBerg

Love the Silver Chrome Hi-Powers; I have one with fixed sights

6EF48438-96A9-4DCD-8CDB-0B22D06CEB92_zpsagfcabv2.jpg

Last edited:

Ibmikey

Altamont grips makes a beautiful slim rosewood (or others) checkered grip that is beautiful and reasonably priced. Would sure look better than black rubber on that beautiful chrome HP.

WVsig

JDBerg the fixed sight ones are rarer than the adjustable. Nice looking gun. I passed on one the other day due to price but I would love to add one to the collection.

Altamont grips makes a beautiful slim rosewood (or others) checkered grip that is beautiful and reasonably priced. Would sure look better than black rubber on that beautiful chrome HP.

The grips on it now are Navidrex slims made of Micarta. I have Hi Powers with Spegels, Uncle Mikes and even factory wood but the best grips for me are the Navidrex slims by a mile. They really make the gun feel 1911 like slim in your hands.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...ips-prod9563.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=NAVIDREX

Spegels look good on hard chrome finished BHPs as well but they are a but thicker due to the palm swell.

Last edited:

JDBerg

JDBerg the fixed sight ones are rarer than the adjustable. Nice looking gun. I passed on one the other day due to price but I would love to add one to the collection.

This one was NIB and unfired when I got it in 2009. Makes up for the NIB and unfired 4" Royal Blue Colt Python I could have had for $500.00 but passed on about 12 yrs. ago!

got2hav1

OP, very nice. I think you will be pleased. I removed the MD on mine and made the trigger much better. Pics below with Spegals.