New to me S&W model 19-3

GLK

Picked a piece or functional art yesterday(at least to me). It has some light scratches and shows some use. Personally that is fine as I wanted a shooter not a safe queen. It will mainly see light target loads with some heavy 38spl loads and the very occassional 357 magnum round. Hopefully I will give it a go on the armadillos and possibly nutria this weekend. It is a mid-70s S&W model 19-3 chambered in 357mag, has a recessed cylinder, pinned six inch barrel and adjustable rear sights.
Gary
DSC01279.JPG

Russ5924

You don't want to be running to many of those 125gn +p in that gun.Isn't that the ammo that is the killer on the forcing cones of the K -frames:confused:

drvector

Hey Russ5924

What is the problem with the 125 +ps’ ? Is that true for all 125’s or just a particular type. Reason for asking is that I’m new to reloading and I was just about to load up some 125 flat point copper plated 125 grn bullets.:confused:

Thanks

18DAI

It's the 125 Grain Magnum rounds that cause the problems. That said ,I use 158 grain 38+P in my 19's. You can shoot 38+P in 19's all day every day and they will out live you. Regards 18DAI.