New to me S&W Mod 67 (Pic included)

m&p45acp10+1

I was at the LGS planing on buying a GP 100. The guys at this gunstore know me pretty well, and I have purchased a lot of guns, and reloading supllies there over the years.

I walk in and give the usual how is it going greeting. The place is packed to the gills with last minute shoppers. People are all over the 1911 cases. The manager sees me, and says to hang out for a bit till things slack up he has something to show me. (That is code for I have a good deal for you if you have cash.)

Ok things cleared up and he showed me an almost in new condition Mod 67 wutg a set of Pachmyer grips. I held it and the grips made the reach to the trigger uncomfortable. I was like well I was gonna buy that new GP 100 there. He says I have 5 of those GP 100's coming in next month. This one will not stay in the display long at what I am gonna price it at, and I will put a Houge Monogrip on it for free, and you can keep the Pachmyers.

I handled it after he put the Houge grips on it. It felt like it was molded from my hand. So I bought it. :D

It was a package deal. Here is what I got in the deal.

1 S&W Mod 67 SS
1 Lee Deluxe die set
300 Precision Delta 158 grain LSWC
1 pound of Bull's Eye (Needed that one anyway)
300 CCI Small pistol Primers.
100 rounds of PMC bronze 38 spcl (Loaded factory ammo)
1 Houge monogrip
3 speed loaders

All for $400 OTD.:eek:

I am not sure if that is a screaming deal or not. I am happy with the deal though.

002.jpg

m&p45acp10+1

The gun checks out. I shot it yesterday at the range. It shoots better than I could do at the time. I was shivvering. Forgot my jacket at home, and freezing my butt off. Today I will be better prepared, and will take some handloads to see how they do.

Oh and I should mention that the LGS is not known for thier low prices if you get the idea. They do not charge rip off gouger prices on thier guns. Though they are not bargin basement prices either.

Sevens

Terrific deal-- sounds like you've got FRIENDS at the gun store, that's a nice thing to have!

I'm exactly opposite from you... I don't care for the Hogue and I love the old Pachmayr. In fact, I'm meeting a guy for a gun deal on Monday and the revolver is wearing a factory Hogue and I'm searching for the proper Pachmayr to replace it with!

Your revolver is worth $400 easy all by it's lonesome. Fantastic deal for you.

m&p45acp10+1

I am glad to find out I got such a good deal. Was told it was a consignment from a guy needing money fast for Christmas shopping. Well I would say he got his pay fast it never even hit the shelf.:D

I have some loads to test out for it when I can get to the range. I wanted to go today, but the weather is rainy and cold, so they closed. Oh well I will go test them on Wed.

Merry Christmas everyone.

m&p45acp10+1

I am liking it so far pretty well. If the weather continues to improve I will take it out to the range and shoot it again, and test out some of my handloads.

Unfortuanately it ranined on saturday so the range was closed due to mud. Hopefuly the warming trend will continue so I can shoot without shivvering from cold.

The 67 is my favorite stainless Smith, and one of the best workhorse revolvers out there. I have mine with me all the time, but I rarely get to shoot it, as everyone else who puts their hands on it loves it.

Webleymkv

You can never go wrong with a nice S&W K-Frame. One of my main CC revolvers is the Magnum cousin to yours, the M66.

BuffaloSabresGame72.jpg

jglsprings

Oh, that 'ol thang...

4423213735_8933a47c50_z.jpg

Everyone should own one! You got a screaming deal with all the extras.

Here is my 67 that was a police/security company trade in. This is the "after" picture. I cleaned it up with a lite touch of Mothers Mag Polish and put on a new pair of shoes. It is one of my all time favorites. You will love how it shoots! Now you have to talk one of your buddies into a K frame. :D

m&p45acp10+1

Well I am glad to hear from everyones feedback that I got a great deal. I shot a few handloads out of it yesterday, (Ms. M&P shot a lot of my handloads out of it.:eek:) I hope it gets to stay being mine.:p It performed flawlessly, and drove tacks with the 158 grain LSWC loads with Trail Boss very well. I am pleased with it.

Now for a bullet mould or five.:p