New To Me S&W 539

mk70ss

oEtg003l.jpg

Just picked this up from my FFL. S&W 539 9mm. All steel, adjustable sights, two factory mags...has some good, honest wear, but overall, a nice piece.

RickB

I bought one a few years ago, didn't like the DA/SA, and sold it to a guy who wanted it more than I did.
Beautiful gun, in factory nickel, and seemingly unfired.
I paid $600, which seems to be absolutely top dollar, but cheap for a rare piece.

jrothWA

Enlightement is BLISS!

Welcome to those that ENJOY the 39 Series.
Suggest you add a Pachmyar grip to it , you like it.

Mec-gar has magazine available.

For spare parts, locate a extra firing pim and extractor.

veprdude

The thing about the old S&Ws is that you couldn't make that for the price you could buy it these days.

What year was it made?

105kw

The 539 was manufactured between 1980 and 1983. According to the Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson 8,159 were produced.

zoo

I carried a model 459 for awhile. Those 39 and 59 S&W pistols are friggen classics.

I never liked the SA trigger on them though (reminded me of pushing a button) but the DA on that first squeeze was decent.

That one looks quite nice and clean! Enjoy! Just remember you'll regret selling any of your guns in the future, lol.

smee78

That looks like a nice clean example, congrats on the fine addition, reminds me of the one I had in nickel. I have a S&W 639 with a set of stag grips, it is an old police gun that gets the easy life now. Hope it beings you years of happiness at the range.