New to me Ruger

epr105

I just got another great deal!!! Ruger Security Six in .357 Mag.
I traded 2 boxes of 38 spl ammo and 50 Dollars. I want to post a picture but I can't find my digital camera.
It came with 2 grips the original wood ruger grips and stag grips from eagle. I like the original grips. I checked it out it was made in 1980 again like most of the handguns I find around here it looks like it wasent fired alot. The stainless steel finish has one scratch on it and the gun needed a good cleaning. I took it to the range and it has good accuracy well it should with the 6 inch barrell.
Anyone know about 125 bullet weight in this gun having a bad effect on the forcing cone??
EPR105

buffalo_bore

A fine gun you've just acquired. I own one in blued finish.
You'll be pleased for years with it's accuracy and dependability.

blume357

Nice buy / trade

I paid around $250 for one last month. As stated above, there is supposed to be no problem with the 125 grain rounds on this pistol. With that said, since these seem to be the 'hot and bad' loads on pistols with problems, why use them? My choice in this type of gun is either 158 grain magnums or 158 grain wad cutters. The wad cutters are my favorite for target practice...you can shoot them all day long.

Ben Shepherd

No forcing cone problem per se. But if it's a fixed sight "speed six" you'll most likely find the sights regulated for the 158 grain load.

BTW: If those are true sambar stag, upgrade your self to felony theft.

J/K-sounds like you made out well.