New to me pistol

ronl

My uncle just gifted me a Norinco .45 1911. The pistol is in excellent condition and is a very good shooter. It also comes with a .400 Corbon barrel and 100 rds of .400. Any of you have any experience with the Norinco .45's? Besides being too expensive, how effective is the .400 Corbon round?

lamarw

I have read and heard they are a good pistol. The prices have gone up and up. It is also hard to find one since the supply is limited due to the embargo against the Chinese pistols.

The closest I have is a Norinco 213 which is a 9mm. It is not a wonderful pistol but it shoots well and is enjoyable to shoot.

You were blessed by your Uncle.

WESHOOT2

Good metal.

The 400 CorBon is great for launching 135g JHPs really really fast.
Mine happens to display uncanny accuracy (Clark barrel, fit by me in my Caspian).

Last edited:

James K

Member In Memoriam
I have two Norinco .45's. They are closer to the original M1911A1 than about any other gun on the market. One has had a logged 8000 rounds through it without any failures of any kind or any parts replacement. The other has had about 800 rounds through it without any failures.

I think they are darned good pistols. I am no Communist sympathizer, but I think it is too bad they got caught in the political hoopla when President Clinton banned gun imports from China.

Jim

gyvel

I know of more than one machinist who went through multiple milling bits on the Norinco slides. They are very hard, durable slides.

ronl

It really is a decent pistol, and the trigger is pretty exceptional. It almost feels as good as my Para, and that trigger has been tweaked. The big question is should I put the .400 Corbon barrel in it, or keep it in .45. After checking around, the .400 isn't as pricey as I thought it was. I guess I could just buy the dies and start reloading for it.

I'm not a big fan of Chinese firearms, but the Norinco .45 is one handgun that I'd learn to live with. ;)

ronl

I can't really knock the Chinese firearms, as all that I've owned have performed up to my expectations. I had a Norinco AK-47S, and a couple of SKS's and they were decent firearms. I have to say that the .45 is the best one I have owned, though.