New To Me CZ-75 D PCR

Martowski

It's been awhile since I've posted here, but for the past 20+ years this was always my "go to" forum for discussions. So, thought I'd share a recent find.

I've had CZs and CZ clones before, but saw this little gem sitting in a pawn shop. The price was too good to pass up and I've always thought a PCR might be a nice carry piece, so decided to pick it up. It was made in 2021 and looks to be in like-new condition. I'll get it out to the range in the next month or two and put it through its paces. If I like it enough to carry, I'll probably replace the sights and might upgrade the springs or even go with something like a CGW kit.

Anyway, just thought I'd share some CZ goodness.

redlightrich

I am a CZ fan. I have that exact model. It is a very nice gun. When I first bought mine, I experienced painful trigger slap. I changed the trigger to the older style available directly from CZ( info available on line) and the problem went away. It is a terrific metal gun. Unfortunately NJ outlawed the 14 round mags that it used to use, so I am now stuck with 10.
I hope you enjoy it.. I do

Rich

Martowski

Thanks all. I have owned a stock 75b before, and have also owned three Tanfoglios. I have always wanted to try the PCR due to its compact size for carry and decocker (I tend to think all da/sa pistols should have decockers).

sevt_chevelle

The CZ pcr and p01 IMO are highly under rated pistols. I've got 2 pcrs and p01, and carry both, just got my p01 slide back from cgw, got milled for a rmr.

The pcr is only offered in decocker.

For sights, all my CZs have CZ customs sights, the pcr has the same dovetail as the 75.
Even just the SRS kit from cgw really wakes up the decocker guns.

Martowski

Just curious, which are your favorite between the P01 and PCR? Also, what specific kit is the SRS kit? I see they have a standard package for decockers, is that what you are referring to?

chris in va

I've had a P01 for ten years with countless rounds down range. All I did was put a fiber sight on the front and install a lighter hammer spring.

I've had many CZ's over the years, I recently got a Shadow 2 SAO CGW and man does this thing RUN.

sevt_chevelle

The pcr and p01 are the same gun, one has a rail one doesn't so really flip a coin. I have both cause am CZ guy with over 2 dozen different CZ pistols. Some are base models, some are rare.

The srs kit, short reset kit, it's a stand alone kit or part of the pro package. It includes the 85 combat trigger shoe, new disconnecter, and firing pin block lifter arm. It reduces sa pretravel and reduces reset.

armoredman

sevt chevelle said:
The pcr and p01 are the same gun, one has a rail one doesn't so really flip a coin. I have both cause am CZ guy with over 2 dozen different CZ pistols. Some are base models, some are rare.
Not really. Yes, the PCR has a clean dust cover while the P-01 has a rail, but also the PCR has a loaded chamber indicator that the P-01 does not, and the PCR has low mount Novak style rear sight while the P-01 has a standard CZ rear sight. The PCR was accepted into service by the Czech national Police, and the P-01 was assigned a NATO stock number, which was actually stamped on the first runs of the P-01. Small differences, but people might be looking for those things. The LCI on the PCR is quite small and very usable.

Cosmodragoon

Thanks all. I have owned a stock 75b before, and have also owned three Tanfoglios. I have always wanted to try the PCR due to its compact size for carry and decocker (I tend to think all da/sa pistols should have decockers).
Decockers are an inherently safe way to drop a hammer. Double action has an inherent safety margin. Decocker only is my favorite way to carry.

V35

Very nice find indeed. I was on the fence between a PCR and the P-01 and decided upon the latter only because I already had a 75 BD without the rail. They're both excellent quality guns that used to be underrated before the secret got out. Not so many at too-good-to-be-true prices any more, so you did well to find one at a pawn shop.

Thought you might be interested in reading "This gun is more accurate than I am"

Armybrat

My first CZ 75 is this steel frame Compact - just bought it newa couple of months ago.
Haven’t been out to shoot it yet, but it is a nice firearm….

Attachments

• 7E731527-51BF-4091-B137-5CE23348C512.jpeg
    7E731527-51BF-4091-B137-5CE23348C512.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 36