New to me 686-4 2.5 inch

RsqVet

Recent pawn shop find, dirty but tight / almost no wear.

Took to the range today, fantastic shooter, better than many 4 inch smiths I have shot. Really impressed me. No tweaking of anything needed. Got a IWB holster and will be carrying this baby. Trigger is great and compared to new smith triggers I would say it had been worked on but no evidence of that. Guess it's a sad statement on the new guns.

I needed another 357 like a hole in my head but for 400 and change could not pass it by.

madcratebuilder

The 2.5 inchers are very fun, can be intimidating to new shooters.

This is my -4 with factory boot grips.

68603.jpg

Smaug

Yeah, $400 was a great deal. It's funny, in pawn shops they just slap them right on the shelf; no cleaning at all. (at least the few I've been in that had guns)

That gun would have been marked at $550 or so in my area.

44 Deerslayer

The 2.5 inch 686-4 is the last one with the forged hammer and trigger and is one of the most sought after models. You did well, they usually sell for a lot more than $400.

Mine is one of my favorites. Very accurate and heavy enough that recoil is a non-issue.

686_L.jpg

RsqVet

Thanks guys, this one is a keeper for sure. I happy I did not do my usual go home snd think on it because I am sure it would have been gone.

223 shooter

A 686-4 at $400 is a steal these days , let alone the 2 1/2" model! You did right by NOT thinking it over! I have the a 6" 686-4 and would pay $400 for the 2 1/2" without hesitation.

Vividia

Terrific price on that - good pickup. My best friend has one just like it and it is a sweet shooter for so short a barrel. I love watching the guys watch her shoot it double action at 15 yards. They are shocked by her groups LOL.