New-to-me 442-2 pre-lock (pics)

Officer's Match

Just back from the ffl with my latest, a pre-lock 442-2. I'm hopeful she'll make me real happy.

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

shortwave

Congrats Officer`s Match. With more than a few CCW weapons in the safe, its the one thats carried most everyday. For me,combined with a set of CT grips, its hard to beat. Enjoy!

kristop64089

I just picked up a new 442 last night(no lock), and love it. I have had 637's, 638's, Taurus 651's, 85's, 905's, and to date, this gun is "tops" in my book.
I have a soft spot for snubbies, and have never warmed up to the idea of a concealed hammer, but I was looking for a "jacket" gun for my motorcycle leathers, I tried Everything, all to fail.

The LCR was a contender, but it is noticeably BULKIER, in the confines of a pocket, and i think I'll let them work out any bugs yet.
I resigned the idea of a P32/LCP, just in case I had to fire from a pocket, and I wanted the additional horsepower of the .38+p

All in all the new 442 is of better quality(finish wise) than any of my stainless guns. The trigger is heavy, but without creep. Great gun for the money, and then some.

Enjoy yours.

Last edited:

SaberOne

All pre-locks look so much nicer. I wonder if anyone has welded or otherwise filled the lock hole.
Regards, :rolleyes: