New To Glocks

don leo

Never owned a Glock, but I'm considering buying a new Glock 24 (.40 Longslide) and I'm trying to check on the authenticity of a particular specimen. I'm trying to determine whether this is a genuine 24, or just a new model 22 with the finger groove frame with a long slide added onto it. I remember reading somewhere that the Glocks have mated frame and slide serial numbers. Is this true? Is there any other way to determine if the slide is original to a new model 24 and not simply a "slap-on"?

Tecolote

Yes, the serial numbers on the barrel, frame and slide should match. A while back Glock was selling Model 24 slide units at deep discounts. It's possible someone put together a parts pistol. The serial numbers not matching is the best single way to determine this. Last I heard the Glock 24 is now being sold with the finger grooves and accessory rails frame. So it's possible you came across an original pistol, if the serial numbers match.

When in doubt it's best to pass than to buy.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Matt VDW

> I'm trying to determine whether this is a genuine 24, or just a new model 22 with the finger groove frame with a long slide added onto it.

Unless you're a collector, what's the difference (other than the 3.5 pound connector, which is also easily swapped)? A mix-n-match Glock 24 should shoot just as well as an original.

SuperCell

To all Glock owners, present and future, go to this site and feast your eyes www.glocktalk.com Lots of good people over there, just like here at TFL!

------------------
"middle of the road"-where a yellow streak and dead carcasses are found.

Tecolote

I expect serial numbers to match when I buy a pistol. If I ever want to resell numbers that don't match will lower the value significantly. A parts gun has no guarantees, it's worse than buying a used gun. Who knows where it was put together. Maybe some inexperienced "I'll see if this works" type built it. No thanks.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.