• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

New Titles for Members

Jim V

When I started posting here, I was a Junior Member and then after 15 postings or so I became a Member (I never did get my decoder ring and badge). Now I see I am a Senior Member, does that mean I now can get the GOLD colored decoder ring or what? :D

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

Mal H

Staff
Jim, I was wondering about that also. At what number of posts do we become an O. F. Member or even a Curmudgeon Member? ;)

Grayfox

What are the bennies for a senior member? Do we get a seniors discount? Is there a Seniors day? Are we about to graduate? Or is this just a way to warn other members that we can't keep our big mouths shut?
:) :) :) :) :)

HS

I remember when I was a young boy growing up... oops wrong forum....now where did I put my hat ?

Dad gum youngsters....

Is that real Strawberry jam yo've got there ? ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"

OK, smart asses! :) The new version allows us to use any terms we wish for the old "Junior Member" and "Member" categories. As I thought the original "Junior" epithet a bit harsh to those new to the Board, I changed it to "Member" and "Senior Member".

If you like, I can make everyone "Comrade"! Suggestions are welcome....but be careful what you ask for. You just might get it. ;)
Rich

HS

Well sonny,
I'm partial to Ol' Fart, what about you guys ? LMWrinkledAO :D

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"

Mal H

Staff
To be honest, Rich, I don't know why there should be any differentiation in membership based solely on number of posts. For example, if Skeeter Skelton (RIP) just registered he would have been a Junior Member or, currently, a Member when in fact he should be started at the Guru level. So if a vote is taken, I would say just have Member and Administrator (and any other admin. titles necessary).

Beg to differ - lots of postings could be a sign of yarning vaguely, giving unrequested advice, lecturing without the foggiest idea of whats going on... speaking for myself - proper recognition is warranted: "Old Fart" or "Old Curmudgeon" or combinations and variations thereof are appropiate... ah - where was i?

[This message has been edited by Elchimango (edited April 17, 1999).]

Jim V

Be that as it may, I STILL want my damned decoder ring!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

Dennis

Staff Emeritus
Why not just call us peeons,... er....peons, that is to say, call us ALL "Members". 'Cause that's all we are! Guys who have been here longer or talk more (blush) aren't any younger, older, dumber, wiser, or more in charge! We're all "Members". Some Members are Moderators and Rich is the Chief Bohunkus. (( :D I have absoluuuutely NO idea how to spell that!!! :D))

ROTFLMrotundAO!!! :D :D

David Schmidbauer

Retired Screen Name
I've got it... have everyone start as a Trial Member for 20 - 50 posts. The Administrators, during this time, watch the content of the Trail Members posts. They then decide what title to move him to... ie, Junior Member, Member, Senior Member, or what ever.

Hey... they only have to do this what???? 1200 times or so as of right now. Isn't that why they get paid the big bucks?!? ;)

Not that it matters to me any... I've already got a great title... Gunny!

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

[This message has been edited by David Schmidbauer (edited April 17, 1999).]

Oy,. youse guys!

Jim V.
Our decoder ring has been available the entire time. Go to your local market and check out one box of Cap'n Crunch...details on the side.

Dennis-
We don't advertise. We don't charge dues. May we at least exercise the marketing license to encourage our newfound friends to post more than twice?!!!! :) :) :)

David-
I've been wanting to refer to you as "Gunny" for a few weeks now. I've held off fearing the consequences. May we take the liberty? As concerns our salaries, now you've really screwed the pooch! We thought we could hide it from the IRS.
Rich

David Schmidbauer

Retired Screen Name
>I've been wanting to refer to you as "Gunny" for a few weeks now. I've held off fearing the consequences. May we take the liberty?<

Yes you may, as that is what alot of people call me. However Gunny is more like a professional title (i.e. Mr, Dr, Esq, etc). The only time I get somewhat upset is when people refer to shooters as Gunny or Gunner for a nickname. As Col Cooper once said... "We are all shooter but few have reached the title of Gunny as this refers to the high exaulted position of Gunnery Sergeant, U. S. Marine Corps" :D

Everyone (wife, kids, family & friends) usually refer to me as Schmit.

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Grayfox

While I like the sound of it, I haven't racked up quite enough years to fall into the Ol'Fart catagory. I'm more of a middle aged gas pain. But wait, now that I'm a senior, maybe I'll graduate! :D

Dennis

Staff Emeritus
Rich,
Aha! Now I understand your motivation for a "new guy" label. It's part of your marketing license. Okay. I get it now. I just didn't know you must have a license. Hmmm. Does this mean you're "certified"?
(That's as big an opening as anyone could give ya! :D)

Say.... for the ole Far - that is, for the "Senior Members", since we can't get a decoder ring (I would have liked that), can we maybe get a little black helicopter to put on our caps? Or at least a cheap little computer certificate with your favorite emblem (giggle) just above your signature?
Wow! What a collecter's item that would be!

Are you getting enough help from all your friends, Rich? (tee hee, etc....)

How about simply "New Member", "Member", etc.? :D
-------
Gunny,
I'll bet when folks call you by your nickname they're real careful to include that "m", right? (If not the first time, I'll bet they remember if they're lucky enough to get a second chance!) I know I will be careful!
'Course, if you upset me, I'll fight dirty and call you, "Sir"! :)