New Taurus PT-22

snail

I finally bought the PT-22 that I have been wanting for about 2 months. It is nickel (cheap coating) with "rosewood" grips. I took it to the range today and put 750 rounds through it. The first 200 rounds had 7 FTF and 1 FTE, but after that there were NO problems. It is alot more fun to shoot than I ever thought it would be. Does anyone else here have one? Do you like it? How many rounds have you feed through it?

kymasabe

I had one, was a fun little gun. I didn't like the rosewood grips, got slippery with sweaty hands. Pearce makes a great grip for that gun. Mine was a little ammo finicky, took a while to find an ammo that ran thru it smoothly but finally settled on CCI Velocitors. I ran a few thousand rounds thru that little gun after that, zero problems.

ShipWreck

I had 1 for many years. It didn't work on the 1st trip. I sent it back, and when Taurus returned it, it worked 100%. Nice little gun.

45reloader

My gun runs perfect with Federal ammo.

And is one of my more accurate gun even out to 25 yards.I can't explain this at all since it's DA only. :confused:

snail

I was shooting at 7yrds and I found that it shot a little high and right. I would have to aim at the 8 o'clock position on the bullseye to hit it. I shot 15yrds out at a BG target, and never missed the target. Still high and right, but in the left arm is better than nothing:eek:

Qwiks draw

Have no problems with mine. It eats CCI Mini Mags and other CCI fodder without any problems. Remington Golden .22lrf feed and fire just fine. Federal generic .22lrf works well. My PT22 is over 8 years old and going strong.

Stay away from the hypervelocity ammo though.

gopack

I've shot one a couple of times. Interesting little shooter. It also shot high. The one I shot had several FTF's, but pull the trigger again and the round fires. Can't say that it interested me enough to buy one unless the price was really good, but it seemed to be an ok pistol.

MPanova

I have one and my wife now has one. Mine seems to work about 99% with anything I use in it, from cheapo wally world bulk pack to the higher end stuff. It all works on about the same 99% rate. My wifes seems to work 100% with remington and cci but has problems with federal. Im not sure why.

I also have 2 pt25's. One has been 100% since day one, the other ran about 90% from day one, I sent that one to Taurus and since its return it has been 100%

snail

Well I am glad to see so many people with good experiances. I thought it was so much fun to shoot, I am thinking of buying another one.:rolleyes: I have always liked mouseguns, but I have no idea why.

MPanova

Heres my wifes :D

122_11_05_07_9_28_36.JPG