New Star PD - dilemma

briang2ad

Just picked up a nice Star PD I won on GB. The problem is that it is nicer than I thought - LNIB - actually a tiny nick at the end of the RS dust cover. I was going to make it a carry gun, but now I NIGHT have to get another, more beat up to carry. :)

g6eiat7.jpg

Last edited:

mk70ss

NICE STAR!! I gave up a long time ago trying to keep carry guns pristine looking. Don’t get me wrong, I take care of them, keep them clean, and never abuse them. But If I buy a gun to carry and potentially save mine or someone else’s life, a little wear and tear is just fine with me. The honest wear reminds me of all the miles that gun travelled with me, keeping me safe.

briang2ad

I just rediscovered how goofy the swinging link is in reassembly. However, the Star is way nicer than the 1911 to deal with.

This one looks like it MIGHT have had one mag through it. There is NO wear on the barrel and inside the slide looks quite new. I was able to pick up a couple nice mags at a local show.

Last edited:

briang2ad

I hate the grip safety. I think I'd go with a Ruger Officers LW. But the Star PD is SOOOO sweet. Someone should bring it back - Remington did so with the Rohrbaugh

RickB

Some company that doesn't make 1911s, and isn't afraid of all-metal construction could make them; Tisas, maybe?

I had a couple of PDs, have a Detonics and a Commander now, and the PD might be best of the bunch.

obiwan1

I liked my PD but sold it (at a substantial profit) when I couldn’t put a ambi safety on it (I’m a lefty) and, since they stopped making them, could I get spare recoil spring assemblies.

briang2ad

Very interesting! How is the trigger on that thing?

Its very good. Maybe a tad heavy, but crisp - no creep. Excellent combat trigger. Reset feels as short, maybe shorter than my P99 - VERY SHORT.