New Sights and Trigger Assy. on my old Gen3 Glock 17

JDBerg

I recently upgraded the sights and the trigger assy. on my Gen3 Glock 17. I’ve had this one almost 10 yrs. and probably 30K rounds through it, so I was way overdue to swap out the sights. And although I’ve always said that the stock Glock trigger with a little polishing on the contact points was good enough, I wanted to try out a new Glock aftermarket trigger.

The sights are Wilson Combat / Vickers Elite (grn.) F.O. front & battlesight rear set (@$90.00).

The trigger assy. is an Apex Action Enhancement package. This includes the Apex aluminum trigger shoe on a new Glock OEM Gen3 trigger bar, and the kit includes the Apex FPB plunger and the Apex connector. And this all works great with the stock Glock striker, FPB, and trigger return springs (@$130.00).

These sights and this trigger really improves the way this gun handles at the range. I think Wilson Combat and Apex turn out top quality aftermarket products, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend these upgrades to anybody who would like to try out some new parts on their Glocks.

dyl

You know the funny thing is: with 30 thousand rounds down range, you probably shot great without those upgrades! But I can't resist the upgrades myself sometimes. I will say that a wider notch in the rear sight, bigger dots, bigger front post, or brighter sights make a functional difference.

JDBerg

dyl: said:
You know the funny thing is: with 30 thousand rounds down range, you probably shot great without those upgrades!

The gun always shot fine, it was always combat accurate in stock form, but the new sights were an improvement once I got used to the fact that these WC sights are significantly taller than the stock Glock sights, and I tend to do better with a F.O. front & blind rear sight set with my middle-aged eyesight.

The new trigger had a slightly lighter pull with a nice rolling break and it’s also an improvement. And I like the fact that the Apex kit works great with the stock Glock striker, FPB, and trigger return springs, I didn’t want to mess with any of these springs.