New Sig P365 17rnd Macro X coming

wild cat mccane

Just read that Sig is following Springfield with their full sized Hellcat.

17rnd P365 with the Spectre treatment.

I could be wrong, but I've long said that these thinner double stacks are going to be the "new" guns. Even slow Walther with the F PDP reduces the horrible box shape of the PDP slide and decrease circumference.

Directly competes with the P320. I think the P365 has a better feeling trigger than the P320. Smaller than the P322 22lr.

Modular FCU just like the regular P365. Red dot plat, comp slide/barrel (with probably an X coming without comp).

Mags of all P365 are said to be backwards compatible (where grip allows).

So a 3" P365 now gets a 17rnd mag. Having the P365 15rnd, hopefully an extension comes out that is better at not just ending at the back.

I'm in.

Jim Watson

A tall grip, might better have settled for 15 shots.

I remember when compensators and ported barrels on defense weapons were considered dangerous to the user, going to blind you with flash and blow bullet fragments up your nose. But now we need something to sell.

TunnelRat

Humblemarksman says it is softer shooting than the P320 AXG.

Market changer gun.

He was also flown out to SIG to review it and has basically become a brand ambassador. Hop at TFB TV wasn’t as ecstatic. My guess is this is a nice pistol. A game/market changer? Idk. I’ve heard that term so many times now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TunnelRat

Just read that Sig is following Springfield with their full sized Hellcat.

17rnd P365 with the Spectre treatment.

I could be wrong, but I've long said that these thinner double stacks are going to be the "new" guns. Even slow Walther with the F PDP reduces the horrible box shape of the PDP slide and decrease circumference.

Directly competes with the P320. I think the P365 has a better feeling trigger than the P320. Smaller than the P322 22lr.

Modular FCU just like the regular P365. Red dot plat, comp slide/barrel (with probably an X coming without comp).

Mags of all P365 are said to be backwards compatible (where grip allows).

So a 3" P365 now gets a 17rnd mag. Having the P365 15rnd, hopefully an extension comes out that is better at not just ending at the back.

I'm in.

In comparing the PDPs side by side in a store the F slide is barely any less boxy, imo. The grip circumference is a lot less though.

As you and I have discussed before, not all P365s have good triggers. Mine is tolerable, but absent a bit stronger reset my P320 custom trigger is notably better.

I’m on the fence about the Macro. Part of me is interested, but at that height of a pistol there are other pistols I shoot better than say my XL. Maybe the different grip module with its slight palm swells and replaceable back straps will really make a difference. I’m sure it will sell.

Will be interesting to see what the next version will be in say 6-12 months. I saw another comment about how SIG almost seems to be moving back to the days when they had seemingly endless variations of the P226/P229, except now with the P320/P365. That could be. At least these variations are more than cosmetic.

TunnelRat

Yeah I know you think it’s solely the trigger shoe. I have a curved trigger shoe for mine and I’ve dry fired my share of ones with the curved trigger. It does feel different, but not enough to dramatically change mine. It also makes the trigger reach feel too short to me. This frame has those swells, so maybe it would work for me. In fairness I don’t really care for flat faced triggers myself.

I’d be more interested in the non-comp slide as well.

Are those actually in stock or are those preorders? I saw conflicting reports elsewhere.

TunnelRat

Okay cool. That does make sense, SIG has been pretty good about making sure they have these things when the reviews go live.

The 365 is the "micro" gun that just keeps getting bigger.

By the year 2050 it will be larger than a Desert Eagle and be chambered for 500 Nitro Express.

Willie Lowman

I'm not interested in a 17 round carry gun. If I was I would try to conceal a proper service pistol like a S&W M&P or a Glock 17.

I like my P365 because it is so small. with the 12 round mags it fits me perfectly. I don't want bigger.

reddog81

I'm not interested in a 17 round carry gun. If I was I would try to conceal a proper service pistol like a S&W M&P or a Glock 17.

I like my P365 because it is so small. with the 12 round mags it fits me perfectly. I don't want bigger.

Exactly. The size of the original is what made it a “game changer”.

Offering more and more options is a way to get more and more sales. A 17 round magazine, interchangeable back straps, and 6.6” in length. They are now directly competing with the guns they originally one upped. Flat trigger - Yuck!