New Sig P250

TNT

Has anyone seen this one yet? I was browsing the magazine I have and in the add it talked about it being one of the first to be based on a modular system for semi autos. I am seriously considering about getting one it is versitility is what got my attention although if the pricing for the subcomponents are outrageous it may scare me off.http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProduct.aspx?categoryid=54maybe old news at home so i apoligize if I piped in late on this one

bushidomosquito

I like it. The beavertail could be a bit higher and they dovetailed the front sight so I don't know why they couldn't do the rear too but I still think the concept is great and hope it takes off. I think it would be great for LE and military since they could issue one pistol that can easily be made to fit almost anyone. When the first interchangable grip panels appeared I thought that was a great idea too but this is the way it should have been done from the start. They can update/improve the entire lower half and you can have it without buying a whole new gun. I could see new lowers in the future with finger grips for those of us that like them, built in laser (someone will do that eventually, mark my words), whatever they can come up with.

The concept has worked in AR type rifles for quite some time. I hope it works for pistols too.

127gr+p+

Old news but no problem.

The problem with the 250 is just that, the extra parts are sky high. This gun was developed purely with law enforcement in mind. For the average shooter, its pure hype IMHO...and this is coming from a sig person. I personally don't like the DAO trigger system either. The compact would be a nice alternative to the Glock 19 if it were DA/SA.

People that have them seem to like them, but the modularity factor is only an advantage to police departments in my opinion.

Darkstar7

I"ve seen a few of the compact versions and handled one at a dealer. I haven't seen anything of the sub-compact or full-size versions yet. The modular concept is very interesting and I'm contemplating one for myself as well at some point in the future.

Chui

No hype. It's ease of disassembly is phenomenal.

I find the trigger workable for a carry piece but it's no IDPA sprinter; more like a LE pistol as stated. Handles well, very accurate and a very smooth trigger.

Rumor has it other trigger options will be made available. If so, it will be a huge hit.

127gr+p+

If they relase one with a standard DA/SA trigger it'll probably take off. Until then, I really like my Sig 2022's.

NWdude83

I felt like the grip was a little too short, and I have average size hands. Waiting for the full size or grip extensions.