New S&W Bodyguard .380

DasFriek

Im doing my Best to keep my CCW collection low so im not broke all the time.
But if S&W can do that gun at $400 with no night sights since it has a laser i think id have to buy it.
Its a very high quality looking gun. Sadly it most likely will have a rough starting period like almost all new guns do.

Sriracha

Yeah, I was thinking similarly. If it becomes available in May 2010, I'll probably have to wait until the following year for all the "beta testing" to be finished.

Stainless + integrated laser isn't going to be cheap.

jtheise4

I can't wait to get my hands on this gun. Its exactly what I've been looking for. I already contacted my local shop and asked them to put me on a waiting list!

JasoninSD

I saw this at the SHOT show last week. The sample I saw had a much better trigger than anything in this category. My take on the P3AT and the LCP is that the triggers are fairly rough. The S&W .380 had a DAO trigger similar to a J frame revolver. As for the looks, I thought it looked a little chunkier than the Ruger or Kel-Tec but that is my opinion.

Pbearperry

It looks butt ugly to me.Another problem with these newcomer 380's is that they are prone to jam.This is at least what I have been reading.Several of the makers are saying their product should have a few hundred rounds put thru them for proper breakin.I doubt you would even be able to find several hundred rounds on most gun store shelves.No thank you,I will carry my S&W J frame for protection.No jams and plenty of ammo for it.

Trigger Finger

I think it looks good! I was planning on getting a Ruger LCP but now I am going to wait and see how this measures up to it! Thanks for the info.

breed

nice... i guess I'll ad it to my to buy list for this year. along with the 310 night guard 10mm & .40s&w. and a 325 NG .45acp.

HisSoldier

It's even uglier than the average plastic gun. They must have an 'ugliness' consultant, you have to work hard to make something look that horrid. :)

CarterMccoy

Good luck

Good luck getting ammo or reloading supplies for 380 now a days. You can fashion a stone spear before you'll see that stuff again....

Norrick

Am I part of some minority that just can't stand DOA triggers? Bc it seems to be the most common in the super compact area. Is it just a design constraint or what?

spodwo

Good luck getting ammo or reloading supplies for 380 now a days. You can fashion a stone spear before you'll see that stuff again

It's actually around here and there has been quite a bit of it. BUT it tends to be about $20.00 for a box of 50.

Just about everything is around now except the cheap 9mm still flys off the shelves. Wally world has had everything but .380 - plenty of .40 and .45...

Billman730

The Double Action Only trigger is what wrecked the Karr Arms guns for me. Many other guns also due to lawyers deciding what the specifications are when building a new gun are going to be. That is why Glock's are still very popular.

I would not even glance at the new Smith unless the trigger pull closely resembles an older PPK for double action. Most guns have such a long trigger pull when bought new that my finger starts to wrap around the grip on a second lap just before firing...