New Rifle - Problem?

TaxPhd

I got my new rifle (Lyman GPR) in the mail on Friday, and overall, I am pleased. However, In testing the triggers, I found the rear trigger to be EXTREMELY hard to pull. On the first try, it wouldn't move at all. Then, with a lot of force, it moved, and properly set the front trigger. Front trigger broke fine.

Does this sound right?

Edward429451

The very few set trigger rifles that I've shot did not require excessive force to set the front trigger. Sounds like you got a problem with that one. Felt like no more than 5 lbs to set to me on my buddies rifles.

Mike Weber

I would also say that you have some problems with that trigger. I would contact Lyman. The GPRs that I've shot all had very well tuned triggers. This one sounds like it is improperly installed and/or fitted. Usually should not take more than 4.5 pounds to set.

Jimmy Mac

There is a simple and easy adjustment on the set trigger spring.

It is no problem to correct.

Look at the trigger group and you can easily see how this is done.

TaxPhd

I pulled the trigger assembly, and there is a single screw holding down a rather strong leaf spring. Backed that screw out one turn, and problem solved!

Interestingly, I called Lyman's customer service, and was told that 18-20 lbs. on the rear trigger was correct. But, the young lady that told me this didn't sound lke she knew much about guns.

Thanks for all the help!