New Remington 700P!!!

N00b_Shooter

FINALLY got my Remington 700 fully setup, thought I would post a few photos :D (From my phone so a few are blurred)

It's Remington 700P chambered in .308, Tobler Match Grade Barrel, Jewell trigger and Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 scope with a NPR2 reticle.

05052009172.jpg

05052009176.jpg

05052009175.jpg

05052009174.jpg

05052009173.jpg

5RWill

Very nice! congrats. My build will look almost identical except the ALOP and 10 round mag. Love the look of that h-s stock. I know alot of people prefer McMillan, and i like McMillan but H-S looks tougher and more solid, just to me that is.

N00b_Shooter

I shot it a few weeks ago before i got the scope, i only put about 10 rounds through it with an old 4x weaver. It was more to make sure it actually shot and it was only at 50 meters. Probably have a shot tomorrow night and i'll see how well it shoots with the scope.

I'll post how it goes after I get it sighted right and get some good ammo, will start loading my own ammo soon so am hoping to get good results then.

N00b_Shooter

100 meter zero to begin with, they didn't have the NF Picatinny rail so its only on a weaver rail, i'll keep that for a few months and when i start shooting out a little further i'll get the NF rail and probably zero it at about 200 meters.

bojack2575

I have a 700 SPS Varmint .308 it likes Hornady 168gr Match BTHP ammo. Easily shoots sub MOA and I ain't really that good.

N00b_Shooter

Nah the bipod is a standard harris benchrest model.

I got a pretty good discount on the scope so it wasn't that bad, I'll tell you when we go to the range i'll tell you ;)

bigautomatic

Very nice indeed, and good choice of scope. It makes me sick when I see someone with a very nice rifle, and they put $100 junk glass on it.

N00b_Shooter

I think i could have put cheaper glass on there and still got great results, but this scope will last forever and is why i picked it, my dream gun is an AI AW in .338 Lapua and this scope would really perform well on it...Although a TRG 42 would be nice as well, and alot cheaper... decisions, decisions :D

N00b_Shooter

Well I must say that my lack of skill really made the rifle look bad. i only shot 17 rounds at 50 meters. I did two 5 shot groups and they were both 1 inches. I guess a good rifle never makes up for a lack of experience.

tuscani11b

Love that riffle. Once you figure out how to shoot it you're going to be amazed at how accurate it is. I only got the pleasure to shoot the military version once, but we were nailing consistent headshots at 850 with them.

PS - i also like how in your pictures the weapon is cleared... Its a big pet peve of mine to see weapons locked and loaded for pictures

Wandera

Hey Noob. Love the rig. I am in the process of trying to find a dealer, that will help me put togther a good package very similar to yours. Can you post details on where you bought yours from.

Much appreciate the help.