New Qualite brass grip on Ruger BH..w/ pics

hipwr40

I finally got the brass grip frame and Belt Mtn. base pin I ordered a couple weeks ago. The base pin fit very snugly and got rid of most of the play in the lockup. The brass frame went on without a hitch and fit nicely. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet since the changes. If the chambers look kind of small, they are (.30 carbine):D The grips are Cocobolo from Sporting Arms Custom Grips.

Trying out a friend's camera...hope it works.

Attachments

• guns 003 (medium).jpg
    guns 003 (medium).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 288

hipwr40

and another pic....

with leather....pic came out kind of dark.

Attachments

• guns 001 (medium).jpg
    guns 001 (medium).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 148

hipwr40

last pic....

Nice closeup of the grips. These are so nice I may have to replace my fake ivory grips on my 1911 with some Cocobolo from these guys.

Attachments

• guns 004 (medium).jpg
    guns 004 (medium).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 140

9mmepiphany

very nice indeed, both the grips and the gripframe. i've never been a fan of brass...lots of polishing as a child...but it does look pretty good. coco bolo is a beautiful wood :D

riddleofsteel

Very nice I am a fan of coco bolo myself;

cbmg45.JPG

P4170007.jpg

Last edited:

hipwr40

riddleof steel, nice Smiths. Is that auto a 6906? Amazing how wood grips can change the whole look of a Smith autoloader. Might need some for my 1006.:D

ss226

Absolutely incredible looking Blackhawk. I think I might have to buy one just to customize it like yours. You know what they say: Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery...

ss226

hipwr40

ss226, the more the merrier.....go buy one. Just don't let me see you around my neck of the woods, there ain't room for two Blackhawks 'round here.

Sorry, just watched Chisum on TNT's western movie week...couldn't resist.:D