New Purchase: LCP Mag Release Quiery

Just picked up a Ruger LCP this evening. I must say, the wife shot very well with it and managed the recoil like it was a .22. Understanding the need to keep mechanisms snag-free, the slide release is pretty difficult to operate. I don't see me using it I was in a situation that needed it.

But the magazine cannot be loaded without depressing the mag release button. That kinda bothers me. Is there a safe/effective way to change this?

dec41971

Thats a good thing. Meant to prevent accidental magazine dropping while shooting. Why? Beacuse the damn gun is so small it wouldn't really reliably work without that. I should know I have an LCP along with a bunch other different types of firearms.

I can't recommend doing it but since I have done it myself and I can't see the harm in simply sharing the info...

Found out the same thing you did...the magazine would not insert without depressing the mag release. Soooo, I kinda, sorta, sweet-talked it into taking the mag with a teensy upward slap to the bottom.

Everything seems fine but like I said, can't recommend it.

zombieslayer

My LCP's mags were tough to insert. I started a thread on it. A guy called me weak or something, but basically the mags seat fine after the gun gets used more. I don't have to push the mag release to insert them now.