New project.

50 shooter

Next project, waiting for everything is killing me!

7mmVar.jpg

If you want more info, www.7mmvalkyrie.com

tobnpr

Post when you get some results, an interesting one like the .270 AR

Thought about these before, but way too much work for brass for me so I stick with the Grendel.

Call me lazy...

50 shooter

Now that things have progressed.

Wildcat case with parent case.
7mm_AR_03.jpg

Wildcat, parent and loaded round.
7mm_AR_00.jpg

Upper on my sons lower until I get another.
7mm_AR_Rifle.jpg

ed308

Is that one of Bruce's (Bigdawg) barrels? That barrel look thick and heavy. I have the 270AR in side charger and love it. But forming the brass is work unless you've got pockets deep enough to pay Bruce to make it. I tried to form 270AR brass with Starlines Creedmoor brass but it wrinkled. I'm going to try it again this weekend when I get some more of that brass later this week. But I'll anneal it this time around. If it works, that will save having to do all the neck work.

50 shooter

Yeah, Bruce is a good guy to deal with. He did my first run of brass and told me how to do the rest, have a friend with an annealer to help.

I went with a 24" heavy barrel and it still makes the 17" hand guard look small. Still waiting to pick up a scope, looking at either a Nightforce SHV or Leupold.

50 shooter

No, I'm on the Mad Dog site.

Probably doesn't get the same amount of traffic but Bruce will answer your questions within the day. He's probably the most knowledgeable about it also.

Tallest

Will this be a range gun? Hunting rifle? I'm just more or less curious what you think the final build weight will be...?

It looks like the final product, especially with high-end glass on it will be superb shooter, and would function very well as a hunting rifle (for some reason 7mm has a hunting stigma in my head, hard to think of it as a range round) but then there's the weight.

50 shooter

I built it more for the range/desert as living in SoCal I have access to both.

It does make a great hunting round, plenty of guys have posted pics of their hunts on the FB page and the Mad Dog sight.

Tallest

That makes sense... and it sounds like you have a great situation to really take it to its limits. Congrats!