New priming tool from LEE!!!

Coming out in 2016 LEE bench top priming tool.
LEE has been on their A game the last year or so. Coming out with some pretty neat stuff. Last year it was powder measures. I ordered one of the Auto Drops.

This year it a bench top priming tool. looks pretty cool.
Of course I have one maybe two of just about every way to prime.
But I will probably get one when they come out.

Powder measures and priming tools. Can never have too many.

http://www.titanreloading.com/priming-tools-and-shell-holders/lee-auto-bench-prime

I also noticed Titan has some goodies for us Value ( Used to be the Deluxe) Turret press users.

I have work arounds on mine already. But these are pretty cool non the less.

http://www.titanreloading.com/press-accessories/titan-primer-chute

http://www.titanreloading.com/press-accessories/titan-turret-press-director

Last edited:
Are you saying you've never heard of a deluxe value?:D

The printed add-on is cute. I've been looking at 3D printers, and am wondering about one cheap enough for small scale production. More to think about.

No price yet, I just heard about it today. If it comes in around the $35 range. I will get one and add it to the mix. Of course I need another priming tool like a hole in the head. I will add it to the rolling bench with the others.

100_9325_zpsbf45f350.jpg

My favorite is my LEE auto prime 2. I made a modification to it to make it safer. Turned it into a world class primer. Fastest I have used.

Here I have it mounted on a old Lyman turret press along with some push through sizers.

100_9324_zpsb4813e0b.jpg

Here is my work around for the Deluxe turret press. Just taped some business cards along the sides.
Notice the Zip tie? That keeps the primer arm from popping out and landing on the floor. A failing with the (cough cough) Deluxe.

100_9302_zps4ffe9939.jpg

For the spent primers it was a little more involved.

100_8003.jpg

100_8002.jpg

Last edited:
Similar to Dillon. There is whole markets around selling extra junk for Blue.:D

hahaha truth is though LEE has the corner on great ideas. Then they make em fit a price point.
I did see a CNC shop was selling replacement parts for LEE tools make from steel and cut to very close tolerances.
Of course that $11 LEE cast turret now cost $75. But there is zero slop.

mxsailor803

As long as its not as expensive as the RCBS bench top primer, I'll buy one. Been considering a RCBS for awhile now.

As long as its not as expensive as the RCBS bench top primer, I'll buy one. Been considering a RCBS for awhile now.

If it runs even 1/2 as good as the Auto Prime 2 it will run circles around the RCBS offering. I know I have one, works good but if you get a hick up. A full disassemble will result to retrieve the priming pin.

The failing for the Auto Prime 2 was the issue of primers getting wedged along the shell holder. This could cause it to blow up in your face. not a good thing.
Adding RCBS primer inserts into the shell holder fixes that issue.

I am not sure how big the holes in the auto prime shell holders are. Hopefully smaller that the standard shell holder to combat primer wedging.
I dont have any to compare. I sold my hand primer after the 1st time I used it. Hated it.
100_9266_zps660dc057.jpg

Last edited:

Vance

http://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/2016catalog-web.pdf
Lee is listing it at $36.98 in their current catalog. Titan and Factory Sales will probably sell it for less. If I didn't already have an RCBS bench priming tool that has worked flawlessly for me, I would get one when they are finally released for sale. I even happen to have a complete set of shell holders for it that are also for the ergo prime thats setting on a shelf.

Reloader270

I have the Lee Ergo Prime and find it convenient to replace shell holders, but mine does give problems on occasion with misalignment of primers which cause the primer tray lid to pop up. I think I should try puffing the system with graphite. It might help smoothing things up.

RCBS Hand Prime is much better quality, but takes longer to setup for a specific caliber. It crush much less primers on tight primer pockets. Somehow the mechanism is much better than Lee.

Ozzieman

I have in my reloading locker 2 of the newer Lee primers. The second model of the Lee auto prim that has the square primer holder and the Lee Ergo primer.
Compared to the original they are junk IMO. The second model has a lift and the lid is very cheaply made and does not lock well to the point that if the primer does not slide down the narrow channel on either side smoothly, which does not happen often, it lifts the lid and primers rotate locking it up.
The Ergo has a similar problem.
My problem is that it has the same intricate parts that lift or open to allow the primers to fall in to the ram.
This one might be a great bench primer, but without being able to actually try it I wouldn’t give it a second look.

buck460XVR

Lee is listing it at $36.98 in their current catalog.

For $37 I probably will try one...after I hear from some folks who have tried it. While I like my RCBS hand primer, my old hands get tired after a coupla hundred cases. I too have been looking at the RCBS bench primer, but having heard mixed reviews, I've yet to make the $90 plunge.

brasscollector

That looks like a cool priming tool. I already have the RCBS bench mounted priming tool and I get along with it pretty well otherwise I'd try one. I have been to Titan's showroom a couple/few times to pick up orders I was too impatient to wait for (they're about an hour or so from my house). They had the 3D printer in the showroom just whirring away when I was there, pretty neat.