New potential M1 Carbine Owners: BEWARE!!!

FS2K

You have probably read that the "Universal" brand is not what you are looking for if you want a G.I. spec. Carbine. The tricky thing with choosing Carbine is the fact that so many manefacturers were producing them during WWII.

Iver Johonson is not one of them. Like the Universals, these Carbines are wannabe clones and are NOT military Spec. BE Careful! There are people out there who will tell you they are (Mil Spec.) just to take your money from you.

SundownRider

Same thing goes for magazines. Mil-spec is a convenient term for those who might not be entirely scrupulous in their dealings. Do your reasearch.

I personally opted for the Auto Ordinance M1 Carbine, just to have a new production gun, but then, I like crunchy sandwiches.

SundownRider

I have had only three FTF problems, but it happened only when my brother was shooting the gun, and it happened only with the last round in the magazine. I am trying different magazines and ammo to find the "magic". Same thing when he shoots my XD. I think he holds things very lightly. I personally did not have any issues, and I loved the way the gun shot.
I have ordered a stock mag pouch and a sling and oiler kit.
Would buy a second if I had the funds. Picked up mine for $615 shipped on Gunbroker.