New pistol manuf.

Gunner's mate

I saw an Alchemy Arms pistol for sale at the gun show last week. It looked like a Glock upper with a manual safety. I went back to the table a couple of times but the dealer was always busy. Does anyone on the forum have any experience with these pistols or info on them? I think the model name was Spectre. Thanks::confused:

Lennyjoe

I read an article on the Alchemy Spectre in a gun magazine a few months ago. Cant remember off hand cause my mags are at work. The review was ok but you know how that can go. Alot of average guns get good reviews and end up being unreliable. I will find the article tomorrow when I go to the office and post the name when I get a chance.

Zundfolge

They look like a 1911 with a Glock slide and striker.

interesting.

wish there was some better pictures on their web site, they are all too small to see the gun.

here's the largest photo I found...
ACF433.gif

EDIT: after reading a bit more on their page it seems that they basicaly ARE a 1911 with a Glock slide and striker

Through many years of refining and shooting pistols and working with other shooters, two handguns were labeled as having the best attributes of both function and versatility. They are the 1911 and the Glock. The non-pistol owner identified an overwhelming concern for safety. With this knowledge and a primary strategic alliance at the manufacturing level, a new concept was born; the design of the next generation handgun. The plan combined the European hammerless style upper portion of a pistol with the timeless design and function of the American 1911 receiver.

Lennyjoe

Check out the December 2000 Guns and Ammo Handguns magazine. They have an article on the weapon in discussion. The article shows it selling for $799 but thats manufacture suggested price. It averaged 3 to 3 1/2" groups with Black hills, Remington and Black Diamond ammo. Other than that I havent heard anything from the field on performance and quality.

USGuns

Update

As they're located not too far from me, I called the manufacturer Alchemy Arms the other day inquiring about a brochure. They called me back the next day. Apparently they weren't happy with the reviews of their Spectre pistol and made improvements in response to the criticisms. They're starting another run of pistols with the improvements and were arranging new reviews for next year.

I mentioned to the gentlemen who called me the criticisms we've had here about their website and he said they were working on getting updated info. onto the site.

Personally I hope they're able to put out a good and popular product. Another good company producing quality firearms can only help with the RKBA effort. Also, with all the recent Boeing layoffs around here we need all the help we can get (not that 1 small company will make a lot of difference when Boeing is laying off 30K people...but it can't hurt!).

Eric Larsen

I just checked out their site...hmmmmmm? Looks very interesting. I like alot of the design work and safety issues.
I hope they turn out to be good guns...I may have to look at one.
Shoot well

Aerrin45ACP

Just heard about this gun for the first time today, then went to the gun shop and bam, there was one right in front of me.

They're ugly, non-ergonomic, and too big for what you get. I'll pass, thanks.