New pistol for the wife

RichardWA

Picked up this little Beretta 950 in .25 acp and a box of shells (3 missing) today from a neighbor of mine. He said he bought it 15 or 20 years ago and only fired 3 rounds through it, it has been in it's box in a dresser drawer every since. I bought it because the wife said it was cute and she liked it. I figure if it gets her into shooting and maybe carrying it will be the best $150.00 I ever spent.
It came with the box and all original manuals.

I know very little about Berettas in general and less about .25's
So, are these little guns any good?
Any info and comments will be appreciated

Guess I forgot the photo last time!

Attachments

• 0520001506[1].jpg
    0520001506[1].jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Esteban32696

I've had one. Good little pistol. Some are a little " finicky " with certain brands of ammo. Make sure the " ramp " is polished smooth. Keep it clean & lubed. REMEMBER, if you remove the mag, tilt the barrel down to make SURE it is unloaded. There should be direcrions online, on how to diassemble & clean.

ClayInTx

Whoops! I’m dyslexic and misread the post title. I excitedly jumped in here to see how you got a new wife for a pistol. :D

A friend has one of those and she loves it. Nice gun. Best of all, she shoots it and no one with any sense would tangle with her and that gun.

rixret

Geez,
I thought you meant, that you got new pistol. I was going to ask to see pics of your pistol being that it's probably out of the ordinary to ask for pics of your wife.
sorry.................

Hoss Fly

I bought it because the wife said it was cute and she liked it

Well i cant think of a better reason to give the little lady a gun :cool:
Seriously, nothing wrong with that choice, Berreta makes a pretty good auto ;)

Chesster

The little 950 is my favorites of the .25s. 8 shot, small, fits the hand nicely. You can get replacement MecGar mags fairly cheap.

RichardWA

Thanks, I have added a pic to the original post.
I guess I have been a good boy lately, She came home from work today and handed me a brand new Marlin 336W 30-30!

gearchecker

Nice little pistol. I'm inheriting exactly the same model.
When my Step-mother bites the dust I get it. Remember, she's my step-mother.
In that case I would get the pistol for my Step-mother.
Rather morbid, but I still get the pistol in the end.

Your wife should really enjoy shooting it. They aren't terribly accurate after 10 yds., but it's designed for close defense anyway.
Hopefully she'll let you practice with it too.

zombieslayer

Nice, enjoy shooting and get her plenty of practice ammo. While I'm not a fan of the .25 round, that's the one gun I'd want one in. An old man I know carries a .32acp version of it and he loves it. Happy shooting!