New PC and Pro Series revolvers

NRAhab

One of the coolest things (in my opinion) at the 2010 SHOT SHOW are the new wheelies from S&W that they're adding to the PC line and the Pro Series lineup. The Pro Series guns especially catch my eye, as they have several new j-frames that are now cut for using moonclips to load and reload the revolver.

As someone that shoots ESR in IDPA and ICORE exclusively using moonclip guns, I'm a big fan of this change as it allows me to keep my loading technique constant from my full size competition guns all the way down to my every day carry gun.

For the gun gamers, there are two new guns in the PC and Pro Series lines that deserve special attention: the 625-PC, which is a Performance Center treatment of the venerable .45 ACP wheelgun; and the 686+ Pro Series. The 686+ Pro Series is like the big brother to last year's 686SSR; the new 686+ Pro comes from the factory with a 5 inch barrel, chamfered charge holes, patridge front sight, and cut for 7 shoot moonclips in .38 Special or .357 Magnum. I saw this gun and immediately though "Steel Challenge revolver".

Stainz

The new PC Shop SKU #170133 2.6" non-fluted 627, can you say 'Bloodworks' gun, is reportedly available now at MSRP $1,185. Bargain!! Be still my heart... where is that piece of plastic...

Stainz

Glenn E. Meyer

I was thinking I could buy their new Centennial in 22LR for Steel challenge!

I usually shoot a Buckmark with fiber optics. :D

I do want the Centennial though - might be a fun gun for snubbie practice for my 38 SPL snubbies. Need a speed loader though.

Stainz

My local pusher tried eleven distributors for that new SS PC627 2 5/8" 8-banger, #170133. It aint available! One had the price right. I just checked - the S&W site still states 'available now' - same MSRP: $1185. Yep, as little as half an original 'Bloodworks' used price! I'll keep my kidney a while longer...

Stainz