New Para

imp

Walked out of a pawn shop with this today, came with one magazine, and I bought two more, because I felt like I got a fair deal and wanted to support my local businessman. Total was $480 and some change for everything. Anyway, its a Para-Ordnance GI LTC.
para_zpsc8808b01.jpg

ripnbst

Dang that's a good price. I had a Para though mine had the LDA trigger so not a through and through 1911 but it was the nicest factory DA trigger I've ever shot. I was always wanting a standard trigger 1911.

That's a great price for a great pistol. I've shot a full-size GI Expert -- it was sweet, right out of the box.

Is yours a steel frame, or alloy?

imp

Its an alloy frame. I got the chance to put 50 rounds through it today. Trigger is pretty decent, and it groups well, but just a little lower than point of aim. Might try a different (shorter) rear sight (I like the fiber optic front sight). Overall, very happy with my purchase.

Bamashooter

I recently bought a para g.i. expert from my LGS for $499+tax. I dont have a ton of rounds downrange yet but so far its been flawless. Its a very accurate shooter. My brother just got a Ruger 1911 and my para is as accurate as the ruger if not moreso. The ruger does look a little better though.

imp said:
Its an alloy frame. I got the chance to put 50 rounds through it today. Trigger is pretty decent, and it groups well, but just a little lower than point of aim. Might try a different (shorter) rear sight
A lower rear sight will bring the point of impact even lower. To raise the point of impact, file a bit off the top of the front sight.