New Para C7.45LDA

Hawkman

Fondled it yesterday afternoon, went back today and bought it. Lubed it and put 50 rounds through it.

Love the trigger. I am used to Glocks and single actions, and this seems to be right between them. Definite break, and easy to stage.

I was shooting Winchester personal defense 230gr hp, no problems feeding. Will run a bunch of different stuff through it to check out reliability with a variety of ammo.

Out of the box it was shooting about 2 inches right at 25 yards, so I loosened the allen screw on the rear sight and adjusted it - shot to point of aim after that. Off hand it was easily as accurate as any Kimber or other 1911 I have shot.

All in all, it seems to be a great package. BTW, for point of reference I paid $689 for it.

Pete

bountyh

If it has adjustble rear sights, doesn't that mean it's an LDA LTD model? I thought only the LTD's had the adj sights. Anyway, sounds like a real steal. My 1640 LDA LTD retails for $900 and cost me $825 over the net. $689 is really cheap.

Hawkman

The rear sight is drift adjustable by loosening the allen screw that holds it in the dovetail. Not a true "adjustable" sight.

Put 100 more rounds through it, stuff that I had left over in the garage, bought a spare Chip McCormick mag and tried it out as well. No hitches yet with anything.

I *really* like this thing.:D

in re price - I go to a small gunshop/range in Lawrenceville, GA. I have found over the years that it has the fairest prices around. Other shops might beat him on an item or two, but it's darn rare.