New: P228 Rail

Nnobby45

Well, it's sort of new. Saw one of what appears to be a limited production run, which is a P228 slide on a P229 frame. I guess the advantage over the P229 9mm is the breach block- stamped P228 slide is lighter than the one piece stainless slide P229. It has the rail, of course, and could, I assume, be converted to DAK.

Anybody else seen one?

Wildalaska

They exist, your description is correct, they are nice and I have 9 of them looking for a good home...what ya got to trade :D:D

WildtheaceslostsoimustscourgemyselfAlaska TM

AK103K

I saw one a month or so back. I was actually looking for a P228 at the time, as the shop I was in had had two real nice early P228s (in the original boxes and three mags each) a couple of weeks before but I didnt have any money at the time. Of course they were gone, they only wanted $550 ea for them. :rolleyes:

The new one was a nice gun, but I just didnt see it being all that different than my P229's, and decided I'd wait for one of the originals. They were asking $850 for it.

At this point though, I dont know if I'll ever get one. With reservations, I ended up walking out with a P250C in 9mm. Those reservations quickly disappeared and I'm quickly sliding down the path. If it continues to shoot and handle like it does and is as shootable with a 357SIG top on it, I know what my next SIG will be. :)

HorseSoldier

I guess the advantage over the P229 9mm is the breach block- stamped P228 slide is lighter than the one piece stainless slide P229.

The difference in overall weight isn't that big, but I've always felt like the 228 felt a bit better balanced than the 229. I haven't seen one of the new railed ones but may have to go check out WildAlaska's stock of them.