New Original Henry rifle

DPris

Member Emeritus
If you're talking about Henry's new 1860, I'm not sure how widespread they are yet.
I had a loaner here, not badly done at all.
Denis

BerdanSS

Just looked them up online. Wow, they look beautiful. But unless their website is shoot'n WAY high......No sir, not I.....not for double the greenbacks that I can get a Uberti.

alex0535

As much as I like Henry, $2,300 is way beyond what I have any desire to pay for one of these.

I agree with Berdan in that I would be much happier paying Uberti half as much the same thing, only with Uberti I get more options in terms of caliber, barrel length, and whether I want a case hardened or brass frame.

Peter M. Eick

My thoughts are with you guys. I bought my Cimarron 1860 Henry for about half of what they want. Why?

Love the gun by the way. Lots of fun to shoot and I always get questions about it at the range.

DPris

Member Emeritus
The price reflects the reality of building such a gun in the US.
Labor costs & other factors in Italy make it possible to produce Italian versions much cheaper.
Not made in Brooklyn, by the way.
Denis

PetahW

1) MSRP is $2300 - but, who pays MSRP ?

2) Street price should be $1500-$1800 - doable, considering the quality & US-made status, not to mention Henry's outstanding customer service & liberal warranty policy.

3) Since not many FFL's are willing to pay for a specialty item, on the speculation that "somebody" "might buy it, anyone desireous of one will most likely need to order it.

Peter M. Eick

That is the difference between the Henry and the Cimarron. Down here in Texas I just walked into the gun store and had about 6 to chose from. I ended up going between two iron framed, one was the new Cimarron and the other was a 1 of 1000 Uberti. It was used so I decided I wanted new and went Cimarron.

I doubt they will do that with the Henry given the costs. (But who knows?)

g.willikers

Web search says:
About Henry Repeating Arms Company
Henry Repeating Arms Company is located at 69 2nd Ave, Brooklyn, NY. This location is in the Gowanus neighborhood. This business specializes in Weapons.

Web site says:
Henry Repeating Arms
59 East 1st Street
Bayonne, NJ 07002

They moved or have two places?

g.willikers

Henry Moves Into New Company Headquarters

Henry Repeating Arms moved into its new headquarters, a 109,000sf facility on 3 acres on the waterfront in Bayonne New Jersey. The property was purchased in March 2007 and it took 18 months to renovate to make it gun manufacturing ready. Anthony Imperato, President of the company said "it was quite a daunting task, renovating, moving and setting up machinery, making the transition for our employees, and moving inventory to establish ourselves in the new facility. However, we are thrilled about being in Bayonne where there is a great local labor pool, can improve our production capabilities and have room for expansion".

alex0535

Herman, welcome to the forum. If you have a question like this please address it in your thread instead of bringing someone else's thread off topic. This thread is about the Henry 1860, not the Winchester 1894.

Hawg

Henry is supposed to be moving some of its manufacturing to Wisconsin namely the 30-30 and 45-70. The only beef I have with Henry is they act like they have connections to the original 1860 Henry which was made by the New Haven Arms Co. later to be known as Winchester.

DPris

Member Emeritus
Barrel/tube start in Mass, drilled Tennessee, specialty machining shop Penn.
Final finish Jersey.

Frame cast Ohio, machined Penn & Jersey.
Stock from Missouri/Iowa.

Nothing from or in New York.
Denis

DPris

Member Emeritus
Didn't say it was "cheap".
It's a part of the difference, though.

Uberti also is in a position to do most of their own work in-house, unlike Henry as you can see on this one.

Denis

eastbank

new dork-new jerky, now thats ironic. two of the most gun hating states in the union.i would not buy one on a bet and they are not any better made than other makers arms,but cost more. eastbank.