New Option For Ruger Gunsite Scout

Rifleman1776

Congrats. Do they come only in .308?
Is the left hand standard for these. I note that one is offered right hand as an "option". :confused:

Single Six

Not sure about that one, Rifleman. I thought that right handed was standard, with lefties being the option. So far as I know, they're still .308 only.

PawPaw

I saw that this morning, and the stainless option certainly has me wondering if I need another .308.

As I recall, they brought out the GSR in the right-handed version first, then very shortly thereafter brought out the left-handed version. It doesn't matter if one's an option and one is standard, they're both available. And now in stainless. Oh, my, decisions, decisions.

Single Six

I'm thinking that it will be a while before any are available, but I guess I can wait ...not that I have a choice.:(

DATL

Very nice. If I hadn't just bought my GSR a few months ago I'd be coining for one of these most definitely! Hell, still may lol.

Single Six

Today I set the wheels in motion...my dealer is fairly certain he can get the stainless GSR for me. I checked with the spouse, we did some figuring...I told him to go for it. Here we go!:D

Auto426

The stainless GSR is officially on my list for 2013. I personally prefered the export version of the GSR myself, as I thought the 16" barrel was a little short for a .308. I also didn't care for the flash suppressor either. But now Ruger went and came out with this model, and it even includes a thread protector if you wish to do away with the flash suppressor. Looks like I better start saving my pennies.

jmr40

The stainless version with the longer barrrel has been available for a while for export only. I always felt the 18" barrrel was a better choice, would prefer 20". Glad to see they finally started selling them here. When they offer that one with a lighter synthetic stock I'll be interested.

Single Six

Just hit a stumbling block...my dealer can't find a stainless GSR. I may have to brave the crowds at the gun show....:eek:

Auto426

I don't think they have hit dealer shelves yet. Ruger updating their site with their new 2013 models, but it might take a couple of months for new product to start hitting stores, especially with the huge backlog of orders they have.

Single Six

Auto426: I suspect you are right. I may hit the gun show anyway, to get what ammo and mags for my upcoming GSR I can find.

Auto426

The best bet for magazines is the polymer versions. I plan on picking up some of the 5 rounders and 10 rounders eventually.